Garbage Day
Scholastic Scales (Gilveradin and Telius) - Printable Version

+- Garbage Day (http://losteventidestudios.com/garbageday)
+-- Forum: World of Warcraft: Redux (http://losteventidestudios.com/garbageday/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Text-Based Interactions (http://losteventidestudios.com/garbageday/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: III The Scales Tip (http://losteventidestudios.com/garbageday/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Thread: Scholastic Scales (Gilveradin and Telius) (/showthread.php?tid=744)

Pages: 1 2

Scholastic Scales (Gilveradin and Telius) - Gilveradin Windrunner - 03-18-2020

Gilveradin picked up Ara'shel and let him hop onto his shoulder as he walked down the hallway. He passed by Seria's room, Vel's and Uther's passed by as well. His eyes on a single door in particular further down the way. He stopped before it took a breath and knocked.

"Telius would you be willing to talk? I have some questions and I'm hoping you can help me with the answers."

RE: Scholastic Scales (Gilveradin and Telius) - Telagos - 03-18-2020

Telagos sighed in relief.  Now that he had accomplished all he had set out to do in Lakeshire, he, too, would be fit to leave on the morrow.

As much as he had enjoyed the peculiar experiences offered by the indescribably lovely folk of this village, and as invigorating as his discussions with Miss Dawn Brightstar had been, he had his fill of social interaction for the next year or two.

Or so I would wish to say, he thought to himself.  He had overheard the draenei, Remnii, speaking with Greydon's son.  Evidently, the lad would be marching off to war with all the rest of the soldiers.  I suppose I have been... falling short of my promises towards Greydon.  I did not even realize he had enlisted in their militia.

Telagos sighed.  There was frighteningly little he could do to protect the boy, not beyond the aid he had already given to the folks he was glad to hear were Aramar's friends.  His hypothesis was correct - If Greydon's only son was anything like him, such noteworthy travelers would quickly become his acquaintances if not friends.

Perhaps it is time I bequeath the hilt to him?  Telagos thought as he pulled the hairtie from his small ponytail and fiddled with his silvery-blonde hair.  Hair was so... strange to deal with.  It was, however, not unpleasant.  Unlike horns, there were so many ways one could style it.  He shook his head.  No... no, not yet.  Greydon said the naaru's power was one he hoped would never need to be wielded by his son... but circumstances have begun to evolve quite rapidly.

He sighed and shook his head once more.  Not yet.  Not yet.  Telagos would empty a leyline himself if he ever met another mortal as diametrically confusing as Greydon Thorne.  A straightforward and blunt as he was, he was more cryptic than the Aspects.  I still don't understand why he didn't just take the hilt with him in the first place.  He was the one sailing into certain danger, yes?  What a strange man.

And yet, he couldn't help but smile as he toyed with braiding the hair off the side of face.  A strange man, but a good one.

A knock on the door interrupted his soliloquy, a chill up his spine as Telagos steeled himself for the art of conversation once more - 'Telius Mode,' as he sometimes referred to it.  It was Gil, the elven lad with the micro-dragon creature with him.  "Coming," he said as he moved to the door, running his fingers through his hair nervously before opening it.  He smiled, his clear blue eyes darting over to the curious creature on his shoulder, who chirped happily at him.  Could he be dragonsworn?  Perhaps.  He may know more of the Red Dragonflight's activities as of late if he was, assuming that was the source of the curious little creature.  It seemed likely, given the creature's burnished crimson scales, though the nature of the creature itself alluded him.  "Why, hello, Gilveradin!  What a pleasure to speak with you once more.  Come in, come int," he said, moving from the door to allow him to enter.  "Of course, I would love to answer what questions I might be able to... well, have answers to."

RE: Scholastic Scales (Gilveradin and Telius) - Gilveradin Windrunner - 03-18-2020

The elf stepped into the room with an excited grin. “I’m sorry if I made you feel off-guard but I suppose I’m also fairly invested in the affairs of dragons as well.”

He gave Telius a small grin before he continued. “Though not to the extent you are I’m sure. I’ll try to be brief because you’ve made it very clear that long social encounters make you uncomfortable and I don’t want you to be so.”

I suppose my first question is fairly easy. Was that you I spotted flying towards Lakeshire during the blizzard yesterday?”

RE: Scholastic Scales (Gilveradin and Telius) - Telagos - 03-18-2020

Telius laughed nervously.  "Hah, it's, erm, quite alright.  I am happy to help in what ways that I can... and smaller groups are... much better, albeit still somewhat, hmm, difficult at times.  But no worries, no worries."

His brow furrowed at Gil's first question.  "Perhaps.  I, erm, was investigating a number of things yesterday... and was on my way here, afterwards.  So perhaps?  But perhaps not... Afterall it seemed I was, ahh, not the only one using the clouds as cover yesterday.

"There was a much larger wyrm in the sky as well. Perhaps it was they that you saw?  I, ahh, did a rather swell job of being somewhat... undetectable, as it was, hah, so I surmise it was perhaps the other."

RE: Scholastic Scales (Gilveradin and Telius) - Gilveradin Windrunner - 03-18-2020

Gil couldn't stop the alarm on his face. "I hope one that will be friendly? I was told that the black flight inhabited these mountains. So it is worrisome that a large unknown wyrm is flying near here."

He stopped and took a breath. "Though if you didn't mention anything I suppose they weren't likely someone you viewed as a direct threat."

He let Ara'shel springboard from his shoulder as he gracefully glided to the window. He gave a more earnest look over the mage. "Also I think it's only fair that I answer anything you might want to ask as well? I know not many people would've picked up on your uh.. secret the way my sister and I did."

RE: Scholastic Scales (Gilveradin and Telius) - Telagos - 03-19-2020

"Hmmm, quite the opposite!  Quite the opposite indeed."  As he spoke, Telius began to pace slightly, tapping his finger on his chin as he spoke, his arms folded.  "Indeed, the Redridge Mountains have been home to black dragons for very long, very long indeed.  Some regions, however, also are home to red dragons - or so I believe.  The areas to the north - colloquially called the 'Burning Steppes' and the 'Searing Gorge', surrounding Blackrock Mountain, had long since been home to black dragons, even before the surge of volcanic activity changed the region forever.  This region is something of a... a neutral ground, one might say?  I have found evidence that black dragons have, and do, call these mountains home, but also evidence of the Red Flight as well, albeit much less and sparsely than the black."

He hummed in contemplation.  "To what end, however, is a mystery.  Whether they call this place home, or had, for a long time, or whether their goals brought them here as it did me is another story entirely.  It is possible they are here - or, were here - to hunt the Black Flight.  They, more than most, had made it their goal to defeat our wayward kin."

He stopped and turned back to Gil.  "So, to be quite frank, I cannot tell you who or what they are, as if they saw me, my life would have almost certainly have been in danger!  Thus, I kept myself distant and hidden until they had passed.  I am curious, too, yes, but to investigate directly further could be dangerous regardless of the color of their scales!

"Though on the note of curiosity... I did have some questions of my own that I was hoping that you could perchance elaborate upon... if it would not be too dangerous for you to do so."

He cleared his throat. 

"You are... more informed about things draconic than most mortals.  And I, ah, could not help but notice the..." Telius glanced over at Ara'shel, who had propped his forelegs on the window, face pressed against it as he attempted to lick the snow through the glass with little success.  "... Curious little companion that accompanies you.  What... ah, what is he exactly?"

RE: Scholastic Scales (Gilveradin and Telius) - Gilveradin Windrunner - 03-19-2020

Gil grinned at the antics of his familiar. “His name is Ara’Shel and he’s a gift from my master. My master referred to him as a pseudo dragon but I am confident there isn’t another creature like him out there.”

He noted the dragon’s curiosity and the thinly veiled question behind them. “Though I think the question is mine. I assume your name isn’t actually Telius however would you be opposed to the possibly of being in contact with my master? I’m sure he would be honestly happy to be able to. If not I can leave out I met you completely. I respect and understand if you would prefer to remain unknown as it were.”

RE: Scholastic Scales (Gilveradin and Telius) - Telagos - 03-21-2020

Telius smiled at Gil and then to the little creature.  "A 'pseudodragon'... fascinating.  You would... not mind terribly if I investigated his nature more closely would you?  I have never heard of such a creature before, and I find him to be most fascinating indeed.  It is obvious he is not a natural-born creature, and yet he is alive all the same.  Fascinating, fascinating.  A simple identify spell would allow me to glean more... if you would not be opposed.  I promise not to harm him."

In anticipation of a hopeful 'yes' answer, he withdrew a crystalline gemstone and a spellbook from his belongings.

"As for your 'master'... I assume you mean the one that gifted you this delightful little creature, yes?  Am I correct in assuming that you are, in fact, Dragonsworn to the Red Flight?

RE: Scholastic Scales (Gilveradin and Telius) - Gilveradin Windrunner - 03-21-2020

Gilveradin flashed him a smile. "It's a lot easier to figure out when you know what to look for. You'll have to ask Ara'shel himself for permission however but I am okay with it."

His eye was drawn to the gem and spellbook. "Were you selling us your own scales and teeth?"

A his smile shifted to mischievous grin. "Because that is a brilliant idea. I am surprised that more of your kin don't do such a thing to amass status within the mortal races. Then again given the two Reds I knew they don't seem to have much issue gaining a.. higher position."

RE: Scholastic Scales (Gilveradin and Telius) - Telagos - 03-23-2020

"Well," he said, turning to Ara'shel, "How about it then, little one?  Would you mind terribly if I examined you?"

Ara'shel responded by turning to face Telius and sit politely, inclining his head proudly in preparation.  Telius chuckled as he placed the tome on the table nearby and began the lengthy ritual for the identify  spell.

"That's correct," he confirmed, talking and casting, "though I'm not surprised it isn't something that happens frequently.  For one, they are not so common as one might think.  Dragons do not shed their skin like snakes or some other reptiles, you see; and while old scales are occasionally shed, only ones that were not damaged or tarnished retain enough magic to be refined into anything beyond mundane scale mail or the like.  Even pristine scales must be magically preserved before they are made into armor, lest their mysticisms diminish to the point of uselessness.

"Teeth and the like are even less reliable," he continued, "After all, we grow new sets of teeth only as we grow in size, and, after reaching the adolescent, or colloquially 'drake' stage of our growth cycles, that slows considerably."

He hummed to himself in curiosity as he moved around the familiar, peering at him through the crystal gemstone.  "Hmm.   Yes, fascinating.  Oh, another reason why such craftsmanship is likely looked down upon is, of course, the inherent dangers.  Weapons crafted with the bones of dragons, for example, are sympathetically tied to other draconic creatures, you see, and thus are preternaturally effective against them.  While some might gift such things to their allies as boons, it would be as if you crafted an arrow that could slay any elf it struck.  Most would consider it... unwise, and remain wary of anyone who uses such things."