Garbage Day
Relics Amidst Reliquaries [Bryn & Seasil] - Printable Version

+- Garbage Day (http://losteventidestudios.com/garbageday)
+-- Forum: Other Realms (http://losteventidestudios.com/garbageday/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Fire Emblem: Immortal Ties (http://losteventidestudios.com/garbageday/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Fire Emblem: Text-Based Interactions (http://losteventidestudios.com/garbageday/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Forum: FE:IT Epilogue (http://losteventidestudios.com/garbageday/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: Relics Amidst Reliquaries [Bryn & Seasil] (/showthread.php?tid=569)

Pages: 1 2 3

Relics Amidst Reliquaries [Bryn & Seasil] - Seasil - 07-09-2018

[Three Days after Seasil's Trial] 

Scales? Polished. Dress? Smoothed and dictating the colors of her mate-to-be. Anxiety, high... very high. 

Seasil's mind was blank for a number of reasons. Namely, her trial had some and gone on the shores of Dalhurst almost like it was nothing. It was over in a snap. Just as the past was put to bed, another Manakete-- clearly well established, sought her out. 

A curious, nerve-wracking, and frustrating turn of events, indeed. He had her on the back foot already. Despite formulating a few ideas of her own, she opted to form no strong opinions on the Amber male until she met with him. 

Thus, with only the first sight of the new day's light, a cloaked Seasil entered a newly-crumbling church. Some windows, displaying the holy three and five, were left blasted out and abandoned. She scanned the walls, feeling small and somewhat entertained. 

[Image: ZyIhRp7.jpg]

Certainly born of Amber... She mused to herself, considering the irony of two Manaketes colluding within these holy walls.

Still, Seasil drew her hood down, lifted her cloak off and unfolded her wings. With the usual lump in her stomach, she folded her hands in front of her and waited patiently.

RE: Relics Amidst Reliquaries [Bryn & Seasil] - Byrintus - 07-09-2018

"Delightful, isn't it?"

The drake stepped from the shadows near the dilapidated altar, his simple deception of cloak and humanity still donned.  He smiled, a hand running across the length of the altar as he walked around it.  "Two of the last manaketes in the world, meeting in a place like this.  And not days after you won your freedom from the claws and teeth of the Confederacy."

His eyes glittered, and as he came to a stop in front of the altar, he folded his hands behind his back.  "Congratulations, by the way.  A well-spoken defense worthy of the fallen emblem of your birth - or, one of them," he said, his eyes narrowing ever slightly upon her soapy, blue-green wings.  As they did, he began to relent his subliminal defenses.  They waned slowly, as his eyes seemingly shifted from a soft, pale green to the true, bright red, slit eyes she had seen for the hint of a moment on her return from Arcanan.

RE: Relics Amidst Reliquaries [Bryn & Seasil] - Seasil - 07-10-2018

"Th-the irony of our meeting here was not lost upon me." She quirked a slight smile. She looked up and away from him, momentarily, thinking of Nihli and the rumors of Lorem. Still, she did not bother to correct the drake before her.

"Besides that fact, you've hidden yourself as a priest?" She inclines her head, only to immediately look away as his glamour dissipates (a note she takes once more). Her tone takes one of no joy. "It appears that the from-birth conditioning of those who came before stays strong with those who remain. Th-thank you, though. I had wondered if you were w-watching, it was quite the spectacle after all."

Her gaze remained anywhere besides on him as they spoke-- the disorienting nature of his transformation was not an affect she wanted to contend with against this mystery drake. Though she averted her eyes, she could feel his on her. In return, the Emerald felt cool against her chest, ready to be called into use at any desperate moment. Instead, Seasil kept her poise about her and focused on rhetoric instead of hypothetical fights.

"I f-find it humorous, all in all, that once piece of the past is, partially, put to rest... only to have another spring up. I imagine, though, the feeling may be mutual?" She inquired, staring into the eyes of Aisling herself from on high.

RE: Relics Amidst Reliquaries [Bryn & Seasil] - Byrintus - 07-10-2018

"Quite," he answered.  "You need not avert your gaze any longer.  I that having my subliminal defenses removed can be... disorienting," he said.  She had come alone, so there was no need for false pretense and obfuscation.  The drake turned his subconscious away from the subtle manipulations of ambient minds and allowed Seasil to perceive him in his true form - without the uneasy headaches that accompany during such a transition.  His wings, which had previously held the disguise of the cloak he wore as usual, remained draped around himself.  "I had not expected any of our kind to survive the massacre, let alone two, and let alone the recent re-discovery."  His eyes glittered with intrigue at the mention of Nihli.  "I have heard of your exploits since Zodia, and truly, I am impressed.  It is an honor to finally meet you, Seasil," he said with a deep bow.  "Though... you need not glance about the place as if expecting an ambush.  Had I wished you killed, it would have happened a long time ago.  Not to mention, I would not be revealing myself in such a way.  I can guarantee you that we are, in fact, quite alone."

Bryn raised a hand and stroked the facial hair at the base of his chin.  "Though, I am curious.  You seem rather astute and well-informed, no doubt thanks to your proximity to King Orion, if his behavior during the Forum was any indication.  Though I have you at a clear disadvantage, I wonder if you have discerned aught of my own identity."

RE: Relics Amidst Reliquaries [Bryn & Seasil] - Seasil - 07-10-2018

At his request, Seasil's pink eyes met his red gaze for the first time. Taking a moment, she scanned over him, taking note of his surprisingly brown scales and the bronze flecks within them. A male sandscale may, yet, be even as rare as Nihli in the probability of one surviving. Standing a nearly a foot shorter than the Drake, Seasil opted to stand slightly away, as to not crane her neck. 

"P-pardon. I p-promise you, it is not you. It is a... reflex." Once more, Seasil folded her hands in front of her. She studied him for another moment with a thoughtful expression before returning a gesture of greeting. Offering a polite and deep curtsy she rose once more. "And you. Though, once more, I still cannot call you by a name."

She gave him an expectant look before considering his query. She also chose to ignore his comments on the way of ambushes and murder. Once more, the Dragonelle folded her hands in front of her and carried on, assuming that the name would come with all due time... or particularly when the moment felt most right and dramatic. 

"Since our last meeting... I've had some curiosities." Seasil offered, one thumb coursing over the scales on her hands. "You've appeared as two separate people, now. Thus, I d-don't expect you to be in league with the former Lagallan Empire, I w-would be more surprised if you were, given everything.

"While I would have thought, at first, about the Sons and Daughters... it wasn't right. I'm assuming you are tied to the Council of Vermin, Alstroemeria and the late Jacob Morrow?" Seasil's head tilted to one side. "Additionally, she was one who inquired, m-more than anyone and with more frequency, about Draconian customs, culture, and politics during our shared t-time in Zodia. It would make sense if she wished to know more about you.  Not having ears in such an important meeting of current world powers would be... foolish, after all."

She paused and looked up to the Drake. "The easier trail of the two, th-though..." Seasil's then looked him over once more, "is that you are most likely a descendant of one of the late Exalts. Correct?"

RE: Relics Amidst Reliquaries [Bryn & Seasil] - Byrintus - 07-10-2018

The drake grinned and clapped his hands quietly.  Even so, the sound bounced off of the sides of the abandoned church.  "Excellent.  Most excellent work, Seasil.  I see little gets past you.  That is very, very good.  You are correct on all accounts.  The abilities that vexed you so were a gift from my sire's blood - and I imagine you may now understand why the Amber Emblem did not speak of the nature of such things.  Creatures become very aggressive when they learn their free will may have been tampered with... and surely, our prideful people moreso than the rest."

He held his hands out to either side of his body.  "Byrintus was the name I used in a time long past.  My father was the Gold Tyrant, Proctrus, who lead our people to ruin.  My mother was the Ruby Consort... as I am certain you could ascertain yourself.  That knowledge alone should answer many questions that may have presented themselves."

His fiery eyes looked the young manakete up and down.  "...You must have been very young when the Empire fell," he said, thinking.  "Six hundred, perhaps?"

RE: Relics Amidst Reliquaries [Bryn & Seasil] - Seasil - 07-11-2018

As Bryrintus' clapping filled the room, Seasil stood tall and a little baffled at the clapping. Such observations warranted no praise or snark. Instead, she stood by and let him go through the motions, all while trying not to flinch at the echoing sound. In the appropriate junctures, she nodded and listened intently.

By all rights, Seasil did not wish to react in any outstanding way, but to no avail. Her wings nearly flared out as her eyes widened, stunned at the revelation. Unconsciously, one hand came up to cover her mouth and a she fought not to take a step back. By all means, it could have only been either the Ruby or the Amber exalt, given his coloring. It should not have been a surprise, yet the name Proctrus weighed heavy in the air.

As soon as it rose, Seasil's hand feel from her lips. Her mouth felt terribly dry, still she spoke. "I... I see." Her words came slowly. "Th-that... that makes sense. I'd imagine that any of Ansgor's spawn would have been... f-far more overt. It almost would not make s-sense for them to have survive... b-but... by the Stars."

As her words started to flow, the Dragonelle felt herself slowly loosen up again. Perhaps exposure to Nihli for so long, so dependently, had dulled her compulsion to drop to hands and knees, prostrating, before an Exaltan. It did not stop her from taking an unconscious step back.

Byrintus, though, had a point. The clearer her mind became, the more she wanted to ask any number of things involving aspects of his presence here and the nature of his survival.

Those questions could wait. The drake's question still hung in the air, after all.

"Yes, correct." Seasil nodded, looking up at him as if to punctuate with her stature. "I was roughly a-around my 600th summer. And you... I would imagine you were closer t-to my present age?"

RE: Relics Amidst Reliquaries [Bryn & Seasil] - Byrintus - 07-11-2018

"Give or take a century," he confirmed.  He stepped down the slightly-raised dais that he was on and moved closer to Seasil. "For the time being, however, let us dispose of the names of antiquity.  'Bryn' will suffice; 'tis a name I have gone by for a short while."

He smiled.  "You have questions - that much is plain upon your face.  But, allow me to ask one first - perhaps one that you have not quite answered yourself.  What are you planning to do now that you have won your freedom in the eyes of just about everyone that would possibly want you dead?  Oh, and please; make yourself comfortable," he said, gesturing simply to any number of the broken-down pews in the old chapel.  "We will be here awhile, I wager."

RE: Relics Amidst Reliquaries [Bryn & Seasil] - Seasil - 07-12-2018

Nodding, Seasil agreed to his terms. "Bryn it is then. Truthfully, Seasi was n-not a name for the times, either."

She sighed lightly, smoothed her dress and ended up taking a seat as Bryn asked his next question. Silence sat between them for a small moment as she considered her words with care and caution.

"While I truly did not know what t-to expect in the outcome of that trial..." Seasil started slowly, offering another sigh to the silence before she continued. "N-now, in the way of being forthright... King Orion has asked me to be his Queen."

Seasil paused, watching Bryn for motions and also keeping her mind on track and far away from her beloved. This was business, after all. Seasil couldn't help a smile that quickly grew tired, thinking of him AND all of the work to be done.

"I've accepted, which I imagine you've already concluded. We are, uhm, to be wed soon after the Atlas reaches her home port..."

The smile faded nearly as soon as it arrived. Any hint of bashfulness faded. "There's much to do with this supposed freedom. The League of Orn, continued reparations between man and shifter, the laws of first contact," Her eyes flickered to Bryn, "and, of c-course, the governing of a kingdom in knots to ensure no one may steer Zodia, or her allies, into a place that even resembles the aforementioned antiquity."

RE: Relics Amidst Reliquaries [Bryn & Seasil] - Byrintus - 07-12-2018

A single eyebrow raised.  "You work quickly, Seasil.  Allow me to be one of the first to bid you congratulations, then."

He smiled to himself, musing.  It seems your plan has finally come to fruition, mother.  What a curious turn of events.

"We have seen what happens when a kingdom falls into the maelstrom of power and greed," he said, gesturing out, towards the country itself.  As he paced, he came to a rest near one of the pews to the left of Seasil's.  Though he did not take a seat, he leaned against one, crossing his arms.  "...And you intend on steering Zodia away from such a place.  You seem confident that you will succeed, and I have no reason to disbelieve you, not with what I've seen.  But..."

He tilted his head to the side, eyes narrowing at the manakete across the chapel.  "'Laws of First Contact.'  You believe there are others of our kind in hiding yet still, slumbering in the hard-to-reach places of Orn.  This much I would have found hard to believe, had you and the Onyx Exaltana not emerged from the shadows.  So... what does Queen Seasil of Zodia have in store should she unearth other members of our misbegotten kind, I wonder?"